Yacht Designer

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Youssef Hamdy, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Youssef Hamdy

Youssef Hamdy Junior Member

Hello,
    My Name is Youssef Hamdy. I am a Yacht designer (not naval architect), who has been designing and building custom built fiberglass yachts for a leading yacht manufacturer in the Middle East for the past 8 years. I am the head of their design department as well as carpentry, lamination and finishing department and have overseen several projects from design to finish. Recently I have started working freelance as well. Therefore, if you need any work done for marine projects and are looking for someone to supply you with designs, drawings, modeling, rendering, mold design, weight estimate, consulting, please send me an email to yhamdi@gmail.com

These are my areas of expertise:

*Exterior Design:
    - all above water parts full design, including detailed surface modeling on solidworks
    - Underwater hull preliminary design based on required weight and weight center of gravity, but not for performance. Meaning for the naval design part, I usually work with naval architects.

* Interior design from concept to working drawings
    * Interior construction:
    - design and building of all required framework
    - coordinating with the interior panels manufacturer for receiving the design and all the panels work and supervising its installation

* Lamination works:
    - basic structural design through scantling,
    - lamination supervision,

* Exterior Gelcoat finishing
    * Wood Mold design and construction
    * Interior design and construction
    * Weight estimate and weight optimization for performance

I have attached a couple of my designs which were designed, modeled and rendered by me. these include sports-yachts as well as patrol boats. the resolution of the images attached was lowered intentionally. Should you want to see molds or finished products pictures, please let me know . Please do not disclose any of these designs.

Best Regards, Youssef a.jpg IMG_2516.jpg IMG-0002.jpg IMG-0006.jpg j.jpg side 2.jpg side.jpg structure.jpg VIP Cabin.jpg zz.jpg

David Paterson, hoytedow and Radenpm9 like this.
  2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Welcome to the Forum Youssef.

The designs posted above do look very impressive - but have any of them actually been built?
    Have you had any interest from people wanting you to design boats for them?
    Bear in mind that you have to (within reason) design a boat according to what the customer wants, not what you think they should have.
    Be aware also that this is a very competitive field to play in - there are many other very similar designs out there from established and well known builders - they are who you have to try to compete against.

3. Youssef Hamdy

Thank you for your reply and welcome bajansailor, and glad that you liked my work.
    Yes i have built several boats, some of which i posted the design above. photos are available upon request.
    Until now i have only worked for the same shipyard, in which i have designed and supervised the construction of yachts for the past 8 years. But now i am looking forward to working with others as well.
    The attached examples where all designed for clients of the shipyard to meet their needs...
    And off course, you are right, this field is very competitive.

Radenpm9 likes this.
  4. Youssef Hamdy

This post was also intended for any design firm that is looking to work with a remote freelancer, for specific work tasks in any of the above mentioned categories...

5. Ahmed Al Zaabi

Ahmed Al Zaabi Junior Member

Dear Yousef,

We are a fiberglass boat builder in the United Arab Emirates since 1983, and we are looking for a designer.
    Please share your CV ( Julfarcraft@hotmail.com )

6. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

Is the second boat pictured self righting?

like the work

7. Youssef Hamdy

Hello,
    I am glad you liked the work. The second boat is not self rightning..

8. good rindo

good rindo Junior Member

hello Youssef Hamdy
    really nice project and good design, by the way if you need to improve design and analysis for your yatch using naval architect calculation standard I can help you, I am an freelance Naval architect designer, you can check my portfolio here https://goodrindo.id

9. Youssef Hamdy

Hello!
    I am glad you liked the work! Will check it out!
    Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.