Water based lpu?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Scuff, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Scuff

Scuff Senior Member

Is anyone using this paint? System 3 is one I looked at. Uses water to thin/reduce and is supposed to be much more enviro friendly.

2. Scuff

Scuff Senior Member

3. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

There may be some users on the forums at boat builder central.

i don't recall it being discussed

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  4. missinginaction

missinginaction Senior Member

I noticed that there are almost no replies to your question. Years ago I order a sample of the water based LPU that System Three sells. I've used a lot of their epoxies over the years and have been really happy with their resins. It's been so long ago (at least 10 years) that I can't remember why I didn't go with their paint but I ended up using Interlux Perfection and have ever since. I have a feeling that the water based LPU's just don't perform on par with the chemical based products. If the water based products worked as well, they would have taken over the market.

I notice that they offer a 4 oz sample kit. Why not try it and see how you like the application?

5. Scuff

Scuff Senior Member

I've decided to use the system 3. I've sprayed the perfection plus and had good results with it but I'm doing this in a residential area and some of the work will be outside. Thanks.

missinginaction likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.