Power Catamaran center console design... assistance request

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by T Brown, Nov 4, 2022.

1. T Brown

T Brown Junior Member

Long story short.. I have had a dream of building my own power cat for years, and in a perfect world turning it into a mold and a boat building company. I'm not looking to get rich, frankly I'd love to be able to make some good quality boats that regular people can actually afford... A 29 foot World Cat is well into the $350k range, about what I spent to buy my home.

I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel here.. I have sketched up some ideas of what I'd like the boat to look like, but I don't have the engineering background to feel comfortable taking one of my designs and building it out. I'm just sketching up what I think the hull should look like. I am looking for someone with some real knowledge to help me the rest of the way.

Here's basically what I'm looking to do... cold mold a hull either for a plug only or to pull a mold from and build the plug out as hull number 1. I'm trying to do a 29 foot cat with a 10.5 foot beam. I'm going to try and attach some of my sketches here to get an idea of what I'm looking for, and if there's someone who wants to be part of this, send me a message... I am basically to the limits of my ability from a design standpoint. I'm not looking for a handout, will compensate for the help. unnamed.png Screenshot 2022-11-04 095434.png

Jimboat likes this.
  2. T Brown

T Brown Junior Member

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I would like to be able to discuss your proposal with you in more detail. Send me a message if that's okay with you.
    Thank you.

4. T Brown

T Brown Junior Member

I'm not off to a good start here... I can't see how to send you a message ! lol

5. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Naval Architect and Marine Engineer

bajansailor likes this.
  6. Alexander Peter Bromley

Alexander Peter Bromley Student Naval Architect

Hi T,

I see some guys have already responded to you, but if you don't come right you are welcome to get in touch with me via email or phone. I can help with designing your hull and/or your superstructure if you like.

7. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

TANSL likes this.
  8. T Brown

T Brown Junior Member

I appreciate the amount of responses I have received. I don't see where I can respond to anyone directly or see any emails... and I don't want to offend anyone here but I think you might be just the kind of person I am looking for, APB. How about this... you send me an email at toddnbrown@gmail.com and go from there? Screenshot 2022-11-05 093930.png

9. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

No one should be offended when you decide on the option that inspires you the most confidence. Analyze the options well and choose the best.
    As far as I know, @Cacciatore has just finished the design of a catamaran that is practically the same as what you want, with the advantage that it meets all the requirements that the ISO standard for small boats requires. That, in my opinion, will give you a guarantee of the quality of the design.
    Good luck with your choice. I reiterate my offer of help for whatever you need.

Cacciatore and bajansailor like this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.