Offshore Sportfishing Motorsailer, innovations & alternatives

Discussion in 'Motorsailers' started by brian eiland, Nov 29, 2006.

1. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

Mr Efficiency, You have squarely nailed the answer, "It depends".
    If there is any hard and fast rules on the subject they have eluded me for many years.
    Sure some boats raise fish better than others, and I have both caught and not caught a large number of gamefish on a wide variety of boats.
    This is the allure of fishing, and exactly why the sport is not called "catching".
    My motto is "If you don't go, you'll not know" so wake me early, eh?

2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

A recent inquiry I received just today,..

[​IMG]

SAILING TO A WORLD OF BIG FISH ADVENTURES
    Part 1: The creation of Offshore Hunter
    Many of us dream of travelling the world, chasing the biggest marlin at the world’s best hotspots.

Norwegian businessman Morten Ruud made that dream a reality, designing and building a unique sailing gameboat to enable it. Having now completed stage one of his round-the-world odyssey, Morten shares the creation of his dream and the first wave of his remarkable big fish successes.

BlueWater Issue 131 | BlueWater Boats n Sports Fishing Magazine https://bluewatermag.com.au/subscriptions/past-issues/bluewater-issue-131/

Attached Files:

3. brian eiland

I have written several messages to the editor of that BlueWater magazine, and he plans to do a second article on that vessel. AND he is interested in discussing some of my concepts after he finishes a trip to visit an old fishing friend in Tahiti. Looking forward to that.

4. brian eiland

Never heard back from this magazine editor who initially expressed an interest in more about this subject?...but then someone on another forum commented that was nothing new form this author

5. brian eiland

6. brian eiland

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.