New Website

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Ad Hoc, May 9, 2017.

1. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

I admire your efforts for the new website. However, why change all the nomenclature? What has changing the familiar nomenclature got to do with upgrading the website's function?

The white and light-blue backgrounds..make seeing/reading where to click reply and postings is also not so easy to discreen. More colour contrast please!

Took me for ever to find sending a private message..why..it is no longer a private message. It is 'conversation'...WTF??!! Really??!!

At least the "quote" has now been added rather then the previous...'reply'.

Tried changing a small part of my profile...nope..can't do that now. Only accepts if ALL listing are filled in....why??...i want to select how much and which parts I add. So, i'll just leave it as it is as i dont wish to fill in every entry merely to change one word!

The upgrade was needed, and very much appreciated. But why change all the very familiar nomenclature of which most of it was self explanatory. This new nomenclature....is a cut and paste out something similar to Google etc..which i personally hate as it is mamby-pamby words written by computer techs who dont get out much in life!

Off my soap box now..

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

I know the previous vbulletin software was very familiar after 15 years of use, but please give the new software a try and I think you will find it will soon feel very comfortable after just a little bit of use.

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

indeed....old habits die hard!

But as an engineer...if it ain't broke..don't fix it!! hahaha

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I've found engineers just like to change things, in most instances to improve some perception of incompleteness, efficiency, etc.

5. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

I agree. I appreciate the greater contrast of the previous version.

< Issues with this New Format | Welcome to the new Boat Design Forums and Boat Design Gallery. >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.