My rough homework dont know if it fit the bill.

Discussion in 'Option One' started by westlawn5554X, Aug 12, 2006.

1. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Any comment? Loa 28ft

Attached Files:

2. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Comments

Hoi,

Nice drawing! I'm not a great fan of motor boats but this is a good looking one.

About your "fit the bill" question, i guess most of us do not have Westlawn course material lying about so don't know what the bill is. I don't know if they allow spreading of their material but i am sure you can give a short description of what the question was.

I can imagine they are curious about the underwater shape of your design.

Perhaps it would look even better when the guardrails were a bit lower.

3. SeaSpark

SeaSpark -

Helmsman view

Have my doubts about the helmsman beeing able to view over the cabin top when behind the steering wheel.

4. Joe6

Joe6 Junior Member

Nice drawing!

Accomodation looks a bit optimistic for a 28' boat. But I could see this in my buddy's 32 footer. V berth looks like an afterthought.

Joe

5. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

As usual seaspark, u are right about the helmsman, and Joe6, yes I think I over do in the accomodation dept. This is a second opinion than what the school give just in case there are other mistake in the drawing.

Student

6. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Without wanting to do your homework for you....;)
    The head looks a little on the small side. How long is the berth? Needs about 2m. You also wouldn't normall have a navigation station as you've shown on a 28ft sports powerboat. Also, if you lighten up the lineweight on your bow rail it will give a better overall look.
    As far as fitting the bill for OptionOne goes, I'm afraid the answer is no. O-1 has to be trailerable (max 2.5m beam) lightweight and outboard powered....

BTW - you are correct NOT to show the underwater shape in a profile & arrangement drawing

7. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

I post this after the homework is returned to me. Just wanted second opinion. I posted the unmarked drawing:) Thanks

8. Harold B

Harold B Junior Member

I always try and imagine a one week trip or passage with at least two days of miserable weather. It changes the whole design conciept. I worked in a boatyard on the coast of Maine for a summer and a lot of people learned to hate their pretty boats and yearn for something comfortable

9. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

Ummmmmmmm!

nice drawing but did you miss a few design classes ? is it done on the computer ??? :confused:

10. FMS

FMS Senior Member

Almost certain the 2006 drawing is hand drafted. The sides aren't mirrored; look at the symmetry of the cockpit ellipse and the pillows. Also notice the pencil baseline for the lettering.

11. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Aesthetically, the ports would look much better if their centerlines followed a common line (which could be slightly curved). I too have doubts about the ergonomics of the accommodations. The cabin sole appears dangerously wide as well. A person could be easily pitched from one side to the other, without a handhold near by. Always insure a handhold is within the average reach of a person, no matter were they might be down below.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.