metalboatbuilding.org gone. Looking for contact with members.

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by cadmus, Feb 15, 2015.

1. cadmus

cadmus da boom hit'um 1ce 2often

I was sad to see metalboatbuilding.org's website is down and the URL forwards to some domain name stealer. I spend many hours each week reading treads from metalboatbuilding.org and boatdesign.net, new and old. I know 90% of their members are also here. I would love to find those members' contact info so please speak up.

I invested a great deal of time adding to their list of metal boat designers. Had I know they were shutting down that website I would have printed off all my work. I hope to find one of the admins to get a copy of that section and a few others that i knew i would need when i start building. Does anyone know contact info for metalboatbuilding.org admins?

Thanks,
    Pete

2. Nick.K

Nick.K Senior Member

3. cadmus

Thanks Nick, but the last time Archive.org captured that site was in 2010. I see only 24 or so threads. There should have been 4 or 5 pages of threads/designers.

4. Ike

Ike Senior Member

try metal boat society. http://www.metalboatsociety.org/ Metalboatbuilding.org had a many of the same members. Also try Kevin Morin k.morin@kmmail.net He was very active on that site. I haven't e-mailed him in several years so I can't guarantee that the e-mail is still good.

5. cadmus

Thanks, I did find the old webmaster and he claimed the backups were too corrupt to be of use. I had spent years beefing up the "designer" section of that website into a list of designers and photos. Sadly, i did not back up a lot of those resources. nor did archive.org. So they are lost.
    Ohh well,

thanks for the help regardless

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.