Help to identify this Stern Tube Bearing

Discussion in 'Inboards' started by Salmoneyes, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Salmoneyes

Salmoneyes Junior Member

Im having trouble finding any information on this set up. 1.75 inch shaft, but know numbers or manufacturing info.
    IMG_3198.JPG IMG_3209.JPG IMG_3204.JPG

2. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

There is always an id number engraved in one of the bearing rings. Considering the status of the bearing, it has to come apart anyway, so you can then identify it. BTW, sure it is 1,75" (=44.45 mm), not a metric 45 mm?

3. Salmoneyes

Salmoneyes Junior Member

It probably is metric.. It was built in Sweden.. I just have never seen a tapered roller bearing used in a stern tube before.. I like the idea, but clearly it did not work in this case for whatever reason..

The shaft does not look to good to me, so I am looking at replacing the shaft, so I will get all new seals and bearings anyway. Currently liking the dripless but still considering all options..

This is a complete boat rebuild so I have the option to make major changes if necessary.

4. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

If the stern tube assembly comes from Sweden as well, there is a good chance it is delivered by "Rodahl Marine AB" in the city of Lidkoping. They produce a variety of shafting components like that. Easiest way to contact them is by mail to: info@rodahl.se.

5. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Interesting Baeckmo.
    Helkapslade propelleraxlar - Rodahl Marin AB https://www.rodahl.se/axelsystem/helkapslade-propelleraxlar
    If something lie this looks lie the oil went missing- Google Translate https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rodahl.se%2Faxelsystem%2Fhelkapslade-propelleraxlar%2Freservdelsritning-rodahl-axlar%3Ftm%3D
    J.

6. Salmoneyes

Salmoneyes Junior Member

7. Salmoneyes

Salmoneyes Junior Member

Thank you... this helps a lot...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.