Evoy 100hp Electric Outboard

Discussion in 'Electric Propulsion' started by brian eiland, Apr 5, 2020.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Maritime Journal | The world’s most powerful electric outboard motor https://www.maritimejournal.com/news101/power-and-propulsion/the-worlds-most-powerful-electric-outboard-motor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Looks like it is a 150 HP, not 100 HP. The Evoy website says 150 HP continuous. Not clear if this is at the motor output or the propeller shaft (standard method for rating outboards) but it sounds like it is an actual power rating, not an "effective" rating as used by Torqeedo, which is good to see. Presumably the claims for weight and price are for the the outboard unit only andd do not include batteries. From the Evoy website: PRODUCTS | Evoy https://evoy.no/products/#elementor-action%3Aaction%3Dpopup%3Aopen%20settings%3DeyJpZCI6IjQ3MjYiLCJ0b2dnbGUiOmZhbHNlfQ%3D%3D

OUTBOARD MOTOR 150 HP
    Ready for sale Q1 2021
    • Worlds First High Output Electric Outboard built for Commercial Application
    • Powerful beyond expectations with full torque from zero rpm
    • 150 hp Continuous – Higher hp in peak for planing and sprints
    • Weight the same or less than comparable gasoline outboards
    • Price the same or less than comparable diesel outboards
    More details will follow later

3. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

google a 150hp electric motor for any voltage, I dont think it will fit under that cowl
    I suspect they have multiplied the motor torque by the gearbox reduction then gone back to HP?
    then
    • Lithium-Ion NMC Pouch Cells
    • IP67 Mated – Unit Size (mm): (L) 753 / (W) 303 / (H) 282
    • Liquid Cooling
    • Power Batteries:
      • 1 string – 8 units – 61 kWh – 710 VDC Nominal – 615 kg

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020

4. brendan gardam

brendan gardam Senior Member

they are saying it will have a range of 10 to 20 miles at planing speeds depending on batterys. i would run out of power before i got to my fishing spots.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.