Contents page for long threads.

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by Tiny Turnip, May 11, 2016.

1. Tiny Turnip

Tiny Turnip Senior Member

Re: David Cooper's suggestion on the Pedal Powered Boats thread.

Is it possible to pin a contents post to the start of a long thread? Could it be editable by all members, so we could whittle away at providing a contents?

Is there anything similar, or better that we could do?

Thanks

Adrian

2. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

The current software doesn't have either of these functions (multiple member editing of a single post or pinned posts within a thread) but I've noted your suggestion for the future as it could be handy in a few of the longer threads.

In the framework of the current software it's more efficient for a variety of reasons to have shorter focused threads on singular aspects of a topic for most threads, so these two features probably won't be added as a small modification but considered only as a possible feature in the long term.

For now, if you or someone else wishes to compile a TOC for that thread, you could do so and PM me and I could insert it at the end of the first post. Use the post links from the post# on the top right of each post. It's not as slick as your suggestion, but it could work in practice if someone wishes to PM an update every few weeks or so as major content sections are added to that thread.

< Curious as to how many members have only posted once or twice | revise a thread title >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.