Carbonite?

Discussion in 'General Computing' started by troy2000, Feb 29, 2012.

1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

If you want birth control pay for it yourself or keep your thing in your pants.

2. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

That is too cruel, and not very PC. You may be forced to take that back and apologize. Don't you understand that somewhere in the Constitution you have the right to freedom and having fun at others expense. The days of women keeping their legs closed are over... I am just wondering when their going to start subsidizing strip clubs as a form of birth control.

Seriously, this whole thing is an attempt by government on making us forget the real problems. The majority of the people are worried about their birth control instead of Iran, price of fuel, trade deficit, unemployment, and the debt in general.

3. hoytedow

There are many remarks I have made for which I have or will apologize. That is not one of them so I guess the line is in the sand and it isn't the drag mark from a beach launching.

4. lumberjack_jeff

lumberjack_jeff Sawdust sweeper

Are we discussing computer backup techniques, or directing people to/from products based on their advertising with Limbaugh?

I vote for dropbox. Since the data is synchronized with any computer hooked to the account as well as the cloud, file restoration can be accomplished much faster across your lan (if you have two computers in your home).

5. hoytedow

I also use thumb drives. Never a problem. Knock on wood.

6. smartbight

smartbight Naval Architect

In my years at sea and working around the 'Oil Patches' of the World; I have noticed that the people talking like this want a 'piece' of the young lady's anatomy for free but when that same lady needs health care and protection again 'venerable' diseases they say that society should not have to pay for it, that they are sinners (the ladies... not them) and that they should burn in hell (the ladies... not them).
    It reminded me of the time I was working as a young NA in Houston. They had a guy next door, a Congressman, the Family value type of guy, who, like Limbo did not want to pay for condoms or the pills and was caught cavorting with Ladies of the night. He went on TV with wife, and priest, he cried, etc. They sprayed him with 'holy water' and he was absolved. Kind of like that other clown Kaine with his economic program for the USA 9999 which a later changed to a simpler 69 when all them ladies started talking.
    I am told that now in the USA most people listening to Limbo are not very well educated (mostly blue collars) what my american friends used to call southern rednecks or 'bubbas' and that Limbo makes $150 millions/year while they make on average $25,000 or less.

[QUOTE Seriously, this whole thing is an attempt by <<< Limbo >>> on making us forget the real problems. The majority of the people are worried about their birth control instead of Iran, price of fuel, trade deficit, unemployment, and the debt in general.[/QUOTE]

In the meantime Limbo is laughing all the way to the bank He knows which buttons to push: sluts, communisss, flag burning, freedom, etc.
    He talks in simple terms, their blood start 'boirlin'. And the people blame the government instead of Limbo as above. Murdoch loves it.
    Carbonite may have dropped him, it's just a drop in his big bucket.

7. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Maybe you don't understand what the controversy is? My post wasn't about who pays for birth control. It was about Rush Limbaugh being a foulmouthed, foulminded, perverted jerk.

He called that young lady a **** and a prostitute (and asked her who paid for her condoms in junior high school) because she testified about the medical use of birth control pills for things like ovarian cysts. I'm sorry, but that has absolutely nothing to do with anyone 'keeping his thing in his pants.'

And the name-calling orgy Rush indulged in would have been totally inexcusable if she had been talking about recreational sex. I'd have backhanded him across the mouth, had I been in the room with him; I've done it to drunks for less. But nowadays too many conservatives think spewing that sort of filth is not just acceptable, but admirable. When did that happen? I sure don't remember men talking about women like that in public when I was growing up...

I'll stick with what my grandfather once told me: 'son, I try to treat every woman I meet as though she's a lady. Not only would I like to believe she is one, I'd also like to believe I'm a gentleman.'

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Actually, several of Rush's biggest and longest-lasting accounts dropped him this week -- including a couple who've been on his show since he started in Sacramento, 25 years ago. It won't make him go broke, but it hit his pocketbook hard enough for him to start making apologetic noises....

9. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

My comment was meant to be ridiculous because this whole thing is ridiculous.

10. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

I like dropbox better myself, regardless of whoever sponsors whoever.

11. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Why do you prefer dropbox?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.