Cant find info on The Hawk jet pump

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by Shoalrunner, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Shoalrunner

Shoalrunner New Member

Hello, new here. Just recently bought a rare, possibly one off shoal runner boat. Has a "The Hawk" model 12s jet pump. Need parts or cross reference for impeller plus who knows what else. Cant find info on it at all, anywhere. Also has a strange motor im having trouble finding info on. AMW 60hp 2 stroke. Cant find info on it and need a starter. Hoping someone can help, because i woild like to get it running with the original, unique set up as opposed to starting over with a jetski set up. Thank you ahead of time for any help!!

2. Shoalrunner

Shoalrunner New Member

Someone just private messaged me saying im on a boat page, not an airplane page. I cant reply to it for some reason. But this is in a boat. Its The Hawk is a late 80s jet drive similar to a berkeley but small. Thats all I know. AMW marine 60 hp 2 stroke(yes they were also used for planes and drones, all i can really find) and The Hawk 12s jet drive.

3. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Hi Shaolrunner

My apologies...that was me!
    I am slightly dyslexic and i first read your title and i read as hawkjump jet!...not helped by being up very early watching the football!!
    As soon as I posted i realised it's Hawk Jet pump!!...sorry about that.

4. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

Hi, the "Hawk" was produced "Marine Jet Pumps, Inc.", Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The 12 S has an impeller diameter of 120 mm (4.75"), and was said to be designed for the 40 to 60 hp and 6000 to 7500 rpm range. Afraid there isn't much info available today, and as for the engine - haven't got a clue. But it might be possible to find someone i OC who knows the whereabouts; good luck!

5. Shoalrunner

Shoalrunner New Member

Thank you! Ive found that info but not the impeller size you just mentioned. Thats the main thing im after. Do you think an aftermarket impeller that size could be fit into the pump?

6. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

What is the problem with the original impeller in the first place, and what material is it? Is there any info regarding engine output and speed (redline on tacho or similar)?

Generally speaking, as long as there is at least one blade with a reasonably intact leading edge and one blade with a dito trailing edge, a rebuild is possible. Finding a substitute requires hub and shaft dimensions; then a search among the impeller manufacturers might be possible, but my basic take is to check the original first. Got any pictures?

7. Dennis G Ferris

Dennis G Ferris New Member

I found this because I have a 89 Scram Jet boat that has this Hawk 12s water jet drive on it. My impeller shaft broke, the company you mentioned In Oklahoma city i cannot find online & I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. I guess I have too go find a welder too fix what's left of mine?

8. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

What does the shaft consist of ? You might find a machine shop could replicate it if stainless steel

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.