Boat Jokes (we need a few laughs)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Oct 29, 2006.

1. A II

A II no senior member → youtu.be/oNjQXmoxiQ8 → I wish

I believe the use of the ß is good for the environment, as it needs less energy to transmit, when compared to the kinda double it stands for.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

It would if it were present on the keyboard.

3. A II

Just found the below vid about it, it's also time for a new joke I believe . . :)

4. hoytedow

Cow House Slough or Cow House Creek was mislabeled as Hillsborough River on the previously posted map.
    Screenshot_20200912-105640~2.png

5. A II

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  6. hoytedow

7. A II

8. A II

At a closer look it looks like a boat ramp with a small jetty . . :cool:

9. hoytedow

You are correct, except that is actually a wooden pier next to the ramp.
    The pier is new since I have been there.
    The ramp looks like it has been rebuilt.

10. A II

In general jetty and pier might be both correct names for the wooden structure shown next to the boat ramp, depending on locally customary names ?

Jetty: (1) A landing stage or small pier at which boats can dock or be moored.
    example: ‘ Ben jumped ashore and tied the rowboat up to the small wooden jetty.

Pier: (1.1) A structure projecting from the shore into a river, lake, or the sea, used as a landing stage for boats.
    example: ‘ The grounds include a boat shed and pier with river and lake frontages, as well as lawn areas and a number of mature shrubs.

11. hoytedow

12. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

2020 Ig Nobel Prize Winners

ACOUSTICS PRIZE for inducing a female Chinese alligator to bellow in an airtight chamber filled with helium-enriched air.

PSYCHOLOGY PRIZE for devising a method to identify narcissists by examining their eyebrows.

PEACE PRIZE for having their diplomats surreptitiously ring each other’s doorbells in the middle of the night, and then run away before anyone had a chance to answer the door.

PHYSICS PRIZE for determining, experimentally, what happens to the shape of a living earthworm when one vibrates the earthworm at high frequency.

ECONOMICS PRIZE for trying to quantify the relationship between different countries’ national income inequality and the average amount of mouth-to-mouth kissing.

MANAGEMENT PRIZE to five professional hitmen in Guangxi, China, who managed a contract for a hit job (a murder performed for money) in the following way: After accepting payment to perform the murder, Xi Guang-An then instead subcontracted the task to Mo Tian-Xiang, who then instead subcontracted the task to Yang Kang-Sheng, who then instead subcontracted the task to Yang Guang-Sheng, who then instead subcontracted the task to Ling Xian-Si, with each subsequently enlisted hitman receiving a smaller percentage of the fee, and nobody actually performing a murder.

ENTOMOLOGY PRIZE for collecting evidence that many entomologists (scientists who study insects) are afraid of spiders, which are not insects.

MEDICINE PRIZE for diagnosing a long-unrecognized medical condition: Misophonia, the distress at hearing other people make chewing sounds.

MEDICAL EDUCATION PRIZE to Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil, Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom, Narendra Modi of India, Andrés Manuel López Obrador of Mexico, Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus, Donald Trump of the USA, Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, Vladimir Putin of Russia, and Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow of Turkmenistan, for using the Covid-19 viral pandemic to teach the world that politicians can have a more immediate effect on life and death than scientists and doctors can.

NOTE: This is the second Ig Nobel Prize awarded to Alexander Lukashenko. In the year 2013, the Ig Nobel Peace Prize was awarded jointly to Alexander Lukashenko, for making it illegal to applaud in public, AND to the Belarus State Police, for arresting a one-armed man for applauding.

[Anyone remember who received the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize? Really rich <laugh>]

MATERIALS SCIENCE PRIZE for showing that knives manufactured from frozen human feces do not work well.

13. hoytedow

But let's not ruin this thread too.

14. A II

ImaginaryNumber, what is the relation of this post to this forum in general, and more specific to this boat jokes thread, and which part in this post do you regard as funny in relation to boats ?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020

15. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore Senior Member

[​IMG]

-Will (Dragonfly)