4.3 mercury to 4.3 Vortec swap

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by Ben Chaput, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Ben Chaput

Ben Chaput New Member

Hello, I have an older 4.3 carb v6 mercury and I can't find the bolt pattern so I can't compare it to the newer blazer 4.3 Vortec if anyone knows anything I'd appreciate the help.

2. Barry

Barry Senior Member

I am assuming that you are referring to the bell housing interface?

I would call Trans Dapt Adapters, They used to make adapters for various engine to tranny set ups. If they don't have it the should know
    Also a good bet is to call the auto wreckers, these guys normally know more than what one would think

You did not really explain if it is matching an out-drive or transmission etc.
    The other thing to consider, even if if the bell housing pattern is the same is that
    you need to know if the spacing is the same from the back of the bell housing to the
    flywheel/starter ring

3. 7228sedan

7228sedan Senior Member

what year 4.3 are you removing?

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you are using an automotive engine, first check if it is internally or externally balanced. Externally balanced engines need a matched flywheel.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.